Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's A Disorder......

It probably falls under OCD...or obsessive compulsive disorder ( a disorder characterized by compulsive or repetitive behaviors)! This so describes my need for perfection when it comes to anything and recently it happens to be the need to take a perfect picture. So...right now I am deep in trying to comprehend the techniques in about a dozen digital photography books. The drive to conquer this includes classes, books and camera manuals...OH MY! The cost..we really should not discuss that part!

This is not an ongoing thing. This just happens to be my obsession right now. I do change on a regular basis so maybe it is not really an illness...I am trying to reassure myself! It depends on the time of year or maybe the weather. I might be in the mood to create a perfect quilt square. Maybe I am working on a scrapbook and I am buried in scrapbook manuals. There is always a better way to assemble the page. I know if I look through enough books I can find it! I think that maybe along with OCD, I have a touch of ADD. This might be why I can make half of my bed and then go clean half of my kitchen. I always finish all the tasks but not always in a cohesive manner. So right now I am determined to complete all of the books I have purchased on fine tuning the use of a diital camera.

My routine OCD combined with a touch of ADD might be why my husband is always AWOL on the weekends!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment