Saturday, July 23, 2011

2 Years.....


We have reached two years today...my blog and I that is. I have no idea why I remember this date, and honestly I really am not quite sure what led me to decide on hot afternoon two years ago that "blogging" was a good idea. As NON technically savvy as I am, it still surprises me that I figured this whole thing out.

So, 282 posts later I am sitting here singing "Happy Birthday, Dear Blog" and wondering what drives me to continue doing this. I actually think it is because it is therapeutic for me. It is a way for me to record things, relevant or irrelevant and look back on my year each December. I have two books now. They hold all of the pictures and musings on each particular day and I am glad I have those thoughts to reread. Somethings have value, like birthdays and anniversaries. Somethings are totally random, like a horse in the parking lot of Auto Zone. But all of them put me back in that moment...a moment that might otherwise be forgotten.

I may have less to say now that I am jobless...by choice. I may not have quite as many adventures, but on the days that I have an overload of information, I still have a place to journal it, be it useless or not. Here is to the beginning of year number three...and lots more recorded memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment