Sunday, July 17, 2011

Out of the Funk....

I have been in the state of a "suspended funk" lately. No reason except that retirement is weird. It is summer like I normally experience but a summer with no end. I have not had the usual enthusiasm to hurriedly complete each of the projects on my list. There is no urgency. I am going nowhere...next week, or next month for that matter. It is too easy to "put off" until tomorrow. Therefore, I have done nothing. That is not boding well with my Type A, ADD personality. I normally have a half a dozen projects going at once and I am immersed in happiness as I wake up and decide what to attack on a particular day.
I am not an "in a funk" person but boy I have been there lately...so, it was time to pull up my socks and get to work on something. Project #1...paint a table. 107 degree heat and I pick an outside project. I was really working on satisfying my need for proving I could still do whatever I wanted.
I finished it! I did not even stop to start on something else in the middle of painting. 100% complete!
I feel better now. This is going to take some getting used to. I have to get a routine going....and start doing today what can be put off until tomorrow.

This is just a whole new experience, but I am sure I can get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment