Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy July 4, 2011

It was another great Fourth of July...a little quieter than most but fun just the same. We have spent the last 13 years celebrating the 4th Cedar Creek Lake style. It is always a party. It is always what I look forward to.
Our lake property, however, has become a beachfront. The lake is about 5 feet low. No launching the jet skis from the lift. Our neighbors had to trailer theirs down on the back of a utility cart and hope they could get it out into water. The other neighbors just parked their boat about three hundred yards out and the crew hiked to shore.
I missed the water time. I have not been able to get out on the ski this summer. It is my attempt at regaining my youth. I love flying through the water with the wind in my face. I think I can relate to a grown man's need to fly down the highway on a Harley. It is the ultimate sense of "WOW"!!!!
So maybe next year the lake will rise...I am sure the passion for the water will still be there!!! No, these are not my peaches. They are my neighbors and oh my how I wanted to bring home a bagful!!!! They have two trees worth...I know they could afford to part with a few.
It is the end of another great summer weekend. We have had nothing but great weekends this year...and summer is only half over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment