Friday, June 29, 2012

Just Thinking....

It has been 10 years today.  Yes, I do relive moments in Matt's life.  I am a mom and I remember probably with more clarity than the rest of the family.  I am not terribly sad today.  Maybe that is because as I think through all of the moments leading up to his 2:30 wedding I know the joy that was is my son's heart on this day.  He was marrying his best friend.  There was no question in Matt's mind that this day was going to be all he hoped his wedding day would be.  So surrounded by everyone he loved from all over the United States and beyond, he said "I DO" and became a husband.  He was happy.  My son was always happy.  I am happy today too, because he did experience that time he hoped for.  He had three months with Kim.  No, it was not long enough, but it was special.  I am grateful that I was able to experience this day and hold onto all of the memories connected with a time that was so unbelievably wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment