Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sept. 7, 10:49 PM.......

It arrived last night and I was on the front porch to welcome our guest....the cool front! OK, I know the above weather forecast does not look so cool, but trust me when I say (please envision Chris Harrison of Bachelor fame making the following statement) "It is the moment we have all been waiting for".
Something to blast the last two days of record setting heat out of here.
So, I stayed up and sat outside (sweating) until it literally rolled through at 10:49 pm.
Facebook was ablaze with others like me who noted it's arrival.  RELIEF in a north wind! 
Summer is always a welcome friend...until 100 days later you are still sweltering with no relief in sight.  I will be perfectly honest, driving around when your cars temperature gauge reads 107 degrees and the pavement is melting under your tires makes you downright cranky on the best of days.
So, today I opened the windows..may be short lived but for a moment I felt free to breathe in fresh air.  I grabbed my Kindle and coffee and headed to the patio!  I have been waiting a long time for this.  Thank you Mother Nature for knowing we were all stretched thin being held hostage by heat and mosquitoes.  A good breeze (that hopefully sent some of the West Nile mosquitoes that found me a good target for their venom "packing") makes me want to run out and yell "hello beautiful day".  Actually, that is exactly what I did and I intend to stay outside for the duration.  There is nothing on my agenda that will keep me from enjoying "the moment we have all been waiting for!"

No comments:

Post a Comment