Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She Is Off......

Today was the day.  Brooklynn hopped out of bed and got ready for her first day of pre-school.  She was excited, I was sad :(
I was NOT sad when my kids packed their back packs and took off for pre-school.  All I could see was five hours of freedom!  I could vacuum without someone hanging on to the vacuum bag.  I could go to the bathroom without company, shop without someone filling my cart with every box of cereal that had seen advertised on TV.  I could not sit down and read Facebook postings in peace because....there was no Facebook...imagine that!  I actually spent my time constructively.  I could fit more things into 5 child free hours than superman.  Oh, and I loved what was accomplished, even if it was quickly undone when we all arrived back home!
This is different, because I know.  I know that shortly she will be walking out the door to kindergarten not pre-school.  The days of wanting to come have a sleepover at my house will be traded for a sleepover at her friend's house. 
She is such a treasure.  I pray she remains innocent, curious, full of wonder, humorous, and as loving as she is today.  It is a journey and she has stepped out the door toward independence. You go little girl.  I will be watching from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment