Monday, October 29, 2012

Rip Van Winkle Syndrome......

This is absolutely how I have felt about the last three weeks.  It is a totally missing segment of my life. 
I woke up this morning and realized I had been pretty much secluded here in my house for 21 days (well 7 of those were  in a hospital and I have very little recollection of the time line there.) I am ready to bust out.  I am so ready to have my mojo back.  I opened the front door this morning and thought... we have gone from summer to full on fall while I have slept my life away.  I have missed three whole weeks.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us and I am still in Brooklynn's birthday party mindset. (Oct. 6).  What a really crazy feeling.  I think I came home with with residual narcotic hangover and I am blaming part of my loss of time on that.  The rest of the time....I think I was just afraid.  I was scared to do anything for fear of doing damage to a surgery I never want to repeat. 
So, today I am moving on.  I want my life back....the days I usually treasure instead of dread.  I am getting dressed and going outside and work in the flower beds.  That looks like a normal day to me.  I need normal.
Being sick made me realize how important healthy is.  Staying in the hospital and seeing so much illness around me woke me up.  I have had too many reminders lately of serious illnesses and what so many people are facing.  I have a good friend whose 38 year old wife is facing bone marrow transplant #2 for a cancer that has returned three times.  This is only one of too many equally sad stories.
I am well...maybe sore but well and I am moving on.  Too many things to celebrate...no more time for naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment