Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moving On.......

It is officially over.....thank goodness!  Long months of debates, campaigning, campaign ads, Facebook posts criticizing anyone who voted one way or another...enough to make me delete myself from Facebook (almost).  There is no question anymore who will lead us for the next four years.  It only took until 10:35 last night to declare Romney out, Obama in.  I will refrain from stating my real opinion on this because it does not matter.  America has chosen and for better or worse we move on...AND PRAY.  I find it very disheartening that the Republican party could not find a candidate in the United States who could motivate the people toward change. Why couldn't they find someone who could ignite passion in a crowd of citizens who wanted different than what we saw the last four years?  What we were given was a lackluster man who I never understood.  I am no political genius but the ordinary man has to get what your platform is and Romney you left me wondering.  So it is what it is and we move on.
So today, I am putting this all behind me, celebrating the end of all of it, and deciding it is time for some holiday cheer!!  Christmas always makes me feel good.  I have struggled with the fact that it is still 88 degrees in November.  I have rationalized that I could just tell my family that I have had a horrible fall recovering from unplanned surgery and I just do not have the strength to tackle an attic full of decorations.  I could just do minimal and call it a day.....BUT....I love Christmas and I would only let myself down.
 Today I drug out my dad's favorite Christmas music (and that would be Perry Como, of course),  turned on "There Is No Place Like Home For The Holidays" and began to get festive!!!!  A little deck the halls and fa, la, la is good for the soul!
And to make the day a little brighter we added two new stockings to our fireplace this season...Heather and Finley.  It is full!  But, make no mistake....there is always room for more!
I feel better.  Christmas is always a three week long project.  By Thanksgiving it should be complete.  I am only through CD number one...I think Bing Crosby is next on the list.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment