Sunday, November 11, 2012

Very Soon.....

I have come to the realization as I sit here this evening that it is a mere 10 days until "Gramps" here retires and becomes my permanent roomate...like a 24 hour a day, we are pretty much always together roomate.  I am processing what this means for me and the lifestyle I have become accustomed to since the day we married.  You see, my husband has always worked no less than 60 plus hours a week.  That allowed me to stay home with the kids and mange the house. It worked for us.  No day care, no two working parents.  I stayed home.
It also meant that by necessity I was alway "in charge".  Jimmy did not have time to worry about making decisions about anything.  Hmmmm....I liked it that way.  I did not have to run anything by him.  I just did it and he did not question it.  Even after the kids were in school and I went back to work, I was still the manager so to speak.
Well, what now?  The other day my husband actually asked me to give him a running tab of the money we spent each month.  He wants to know how I allocate all of our income.  Are you kidding me?  Just let me tell you what needs to be in the bank and accept that I have this under control.  I do not need a micromanager now!  Just hang out on the patio and clean your golf clubs or something.  It is time to relax...not get involved.  Find a hobby that does not involve looking at the check book please!
To compound this need to be involved in the finances, he also wants to go with me to the store...like Walmart.  I have forever laughed at the elderly couples strolling through the store mid-afternoon reading food labels.  Please, do not ever let that be me.  I know what I need.  I am in and out.  I DO NOT want to browse. And do not drop me off at the front door and go park (which happened Saturday).  Then you go in the wrong door and I will have to spend twenty minutes looking for you...and I can't call your cell phone to locate you because you can't hear it.
So I am thinking.  I know we will survive this, if you will just find a hobby and stay out of the checkbook.  And please do not come with me to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment