Friday, April 12, 2013

Weekly Recap....

You can assume that we are headed down the road to complete randomness when a post begins with a picture of a plate lunch from the school cafeteria.  Yes, I ate this...well, not all of it.  I was really a bit amazed, being a Food and Nutrition teacher at the high school from which this lunch was purchased.  I spent the whole last year in the classroom telling my students about the move to make cafeteria food healthier...WHERE???  This is a plate full of nothing but fat and starch, except for the green beans which were probably cooked with bacon fat for taste. 
Now, on to why I was eating cafeteria food.
I simply got sucked in to working far too many days this week.  Monday, Tuesday sub job, Wednesday play with the grandbabies, Thursday sub job, and Friday recuperate!
So this is really about what I learned in the three days I was at work...bear in mind I have an hour and a half conference period so I did have time to view a huge stack of magazines I had collected over the past few months and here are the highlights. I figured I could possibly save you a lot of hours of reading time just by filling you in on the good stuff that came out of each one...
Recipes...Oh, how I love recipes.  You can never have too many stuffed under the toaster in the kitchen just in case you want to cook...NEVER!
Yes, I want to look 7 years younger and if I can do it by eating dark chocolate, edamame, and  tart cherries, well, bring it on.  Beats bushels of kale any day.
The Case for Face...stop texting and emailing and visit with your friends face to face.  Why have we all gotten so busy that personal face to face contact has become a case of  "Well, we will have to get that on our calendar...someday"  Great article. Lunch anyone???
Lady Chats...those awesome moments when we have heart to heart talks with our granddaughters.  Priceless.  Never knew how much I would love the time when you could discuss the details of a day with a three year old...who happens to have amazing insight.  Would not trade a second of this time for anything.
Create a Happier Life ....by simply being creative.  No wonder my most therapeutic moments are in a totally chaotic sewing/craft room.  To quote the article:
"You cannot help but be happy when you collect ideas and combine them in an original way".
I am now sure I am justified in putting that DO NOT DISTURB sign on my sewing room.  I am just getting happy back there! !!
Great article but I simply don't have one...an Empty Nest, that is.
Personal Style.....right back here where I sit in my sewing room.  No wonder I love it here so much.
More great thoughts but I really need to feel better from 8 am to 9 pm...I need more hints here.  This is not nearly enough info.
This really has to be the least useful article that I happened to come across.   I really have no day look.  I just have a look and I cannot remember a time in the last 40 years I needed to GLAM it up for evening.  By evening all I want is a bar of soap to get rid of my day look and go to bed.
So three days in a classroom and in between sharing useful hints on how to understand Renaissance writing, and how to create a box that would allow you to drop an egg two stories and have it remain unbroken, I stretched my mind....and got paid to do it. 
Next week I am taking a break to be creative and I can do it with this weeks paycheck!

No comments:

Post a Comment