Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Back To The Work World......

 Three days in a row!
Yes, I got sucked into three days of 5:00 a.m. alarms and packing my lunch.....
to cover for one of my very favorite teachers.
I can do that!
 Have I mentioned that being a retired teacher is the best?
I can simply decide that I want to work a day or two, pick a job that appeals to me and go.  Where else can you get that amazing opportunity and get paid to do it?
I love chalk, and pencils, and staple pullers!  But, I only love them on my own schedule.
I love reconnecting with former co-workers and catching up on the latest trends in adolescent lingo.
I love an occasional extra paycheck, which I spent the day before I even woke up and went to earn it! 
 It was a good day.  But a good day that begins at 5:00 a.m. requires a two hour nap to recover.  It means that my 8 hour day with 45 minutes for travel and a 2 hour nap becomes pretty long.  
Now I have laundry and dinner and picking out my school clothes and packing my lunch for day #2.
Does it sound like a complaint? Not really....because tomorrow when I finish my bulletin board assignment I think I will take a good book and read, and hope no one discovers that there are no kids in my classroom!
Sounds like a day that will end with a big happy face to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment