Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Not So Typical Tuesday.....

Typically...yes typically, Tuesday is sort of my day of rest.  I try not to overload my day so I can practice my period of "pause" that somehow always gets lost over the weekend.  So, how did this day get so off  course?  It started with a 6:00 a.m. alarm because I am making the effort to get to church everyday during Holy Week.  Since I was a total Facebook fail as far as Lenten sacrifices go, I decided this last week that to make up for it I would commit myself to the biggest sacrifice I can make....getting out of bed in the morning.  Maybe if I make myself wake up when I really hate it, I can make up for everything else I failed at.  
After mass, an extra Meals on Wheels Day.  I won't go into a lengthy narrative on why I am delivering on the wrong day, but suffice it to say that I already had way to much to do today so I did not arrive at my pick up spot with my cheerful face on.  Lesson number one on this crazy day.  The day when your heart is least in to your obligation is the day it touches you the most.  I was dreading it because I have so much to get done before Easter....but guess what I realized as I told each of them Happy Easter.  They probably won't even have one....an Easter that is.  They won't have anything but an ordinary Sunday because all of these people are so isolated and not even Meals on Wheels delivers on Sunday.  Lesson number two...count my blessings.
Midway through delivery the phone rings....Sara forgot to take her lunch to work and her lunchtime was in thirty minutes.  Time enough to stop and go get her lunch and take it to her and then resume deliveries.  Patience please!!!  
All I was wanting at this point was to grab a diet coke and continue on to the next stop.  No, I did not cave!!  Surprised even myself on this one!  Lesson number three...will power does work.  
It was now noon and before my 1:00 hair appointment I managed to reward myself with a trip to the garden center at Lowes because I have a secret!  Every Tuesday the garden truck comes and brings new plants and they put the older plants on a clearance rack.  I am in heaven...flowers at a discount (a big discount)!  Lesson number four....it is the little things!!!

Haircut done and home to plant!  
I love my yard.  It is my happy place.  I can sit and look at the flowers and soak up the sunshine and count my blessings.  After delivering my meals I realize how many blessings I have.
Time to type up a few letters to scholarship applicants, grab a sandwich and head out the door to a ball game.
I love the ballpark.  Some of my best friends and best memories were made at the ballpark many years ago.  A repeat performance is nothing but good.  
Guess it was not such a terrible Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment