Saturday, July 12, 2014

Guilty....

Yes, it was me that complained to the manager of Hobby Lobby a month ago that Christmas items in June was really almost sacrilegious.  When we were buying sunscreen, they were unpacking Christmas ornaments, and I was not pleased.  
Well, shame on me!
I am the person that rejoiced when I heard Silent Night on the radio two days ago.  
Yes, it is true.  My favorite radio station was celebrating Christmas in July and I just sang along.  
Christmas is indeed the happiest time of the year.  Last years holiday was a bit of a downer with Tim celebrating alone in Africa...but this year will be different and I am going to be ready!!!
 I was not only singing along to holiday favorites, I was buying out Hobby Lobby for a planned craft day with an old friend.  What was on the agenda....Christmas crafts!!!!
She is a lover of the month of December just like me!!!
Her home is my inspiration for all things red and green.  
 While many friends were taking the before school starts trip to the beach...we were covering snowmen with glitter.  The only thing missing...Perry Como and Bing Crosby....ahhhh, next time!!!
I am happy!!!
In doing some research I found out that in Europe Christmas in July is pretty much a custom. 
It is a chance to call the family, drag out the cookbooks, and make some holiday favorites.
Who says you can not make turkey in the summer?
Hobby Lobby, I am truly sorry!  I am grateful that today I could buy some ornaments for the top of my paper Christmas tree.  After all it does not matter if the temperature is 102 degrees outside....
Christmas is a feeling in your heart!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment