Saturday, July 26, 2014

Threshold Disease and Other Things......

I heard something interesting today and it made my life make total sense.  I am aging.  It is not something that really worries me.  I have full intentions of enjoying everyday and when my time runs out then so be it....no death wish, just no fear.  What I do fear, however, are those awful "senior moments" or "brain toots" when all that is in my head suddenly leaves.  I am loosing my train of thought.  I cannot remember what I was doing five minutes ago, and if I do not keep a very detailed calendar I sure don't know what I am supposed to do tomorrow.  So it seems as though there really is a name for this.  It is referred to as THRESHOLD DISEASE.  It is a real condition in the elderly.  It's symptoms are loss of memory when you cross the threshold from one room into another.  It is that awful feeling that you moved from the bedroom to the living room but you surely cannot remember why.  The only cure is to return to that spot you were standing in the bedroom and try total recall in hopes that it will work.  Been there done that more times than I care to remember....truth is I can't remember how many times because I have the disease.  It is a relief to know it is a real malady...a diagnosed problem.  I will not longer cringe when my kids make fun of me...for I know I am old and one of the surest symptoms is the onset of THRESHOLD DISEASE.
The following pictures are posted so that somewhere down the line I can remember why I smile all the time when my grandbabies walk through the door....
 Because craft time is always time for silliness and messes! 
 Because when you put your goggles on upside down it makes everyone laugh!
 Because cousins are cool!



Because there is nothing more fun that a swimming on a hot day
and we sure have had plenty of those!
And because blogs are a great way to overcome the fear of forgetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment