Monday, February 23, 2015

Thundersleet.......

Sometimes I wonder how long it takes the weather team to come up with the clever verbiage they use for upcoming weather patterns.  Last year the go to word was Polar Vortex.  This year we are coining a new term for what is happening...THUNDERSLEET!  After a perfect high of 70 degrees on Saturday, we braved falling temperatures and TV screens full of school closings for Monday because of the approaching wave of Thundersleet.  
So, I hunkered down, watched the Academy Awards....no movie in the group have I even seen...and Lady Gaga is just bizarre.....and went to bed waiting on the arrival of whatever was coming.  
At 9 am this morning this is what was on the ground.

This is what was on the cars.....
And this measly sheet of nothingness is what caused everything to come to a scratching halt around the metroplex.  Really? 
Having worked for the school district, I know that everyone appreciates a snow day.  Love knowing you don't have to set the alarm and you can sit with a book or catch up with everything on yoru DVR. The downside...a makeup day on Good Friday when you would much rather be working in the yard.
And I know I am in a neighborhood where parents are planning carpools to get their kids to the movies because the novelty of being home has worn off and there is nothing at all to do.  
Snowdays seriously stink!
My family?  Jimmy started a crockpot meal with the groceries we loaded up with yesterday like we would be facing Armageddon.  Then he and Sara headed to the movies too because they are just not as good at being content at home as I am.  
I have a stack of books to read and sewing that is piled up everywhere I can complete...or I can take advantage of the peace and quiet and take a nap.  That is my kind of snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment