Thursday, March 5, 2015

And AGAIN!!!.............


Second verse...same as the first.  Well, actually a whole lot prettier this time around.  
I do not know why we are being blessed by this abundant deep freeze with spring only days away but actually it has been nice to stay inside and avoid buying groceries and filing up my car with gas.  I am a home body by choice and this suits me well.
 This snowfall was the good kind...the "Do you want to build a snowman" kind.
That is exactly what was happening in my neighborhood when I finally got myself out of bed this morning.  I have a legitimate excuse.  I was up late last night watching it snow.  It was so pretty coming down and covering the roofs of all the houses.  Undisturbed and fluffy.  Sounds a bit strange but being able to sit and look out of the window until well past midnight is the beauty of retirement.
It was peaceful and pretty and it reminded me of the days stuck in the house in Illinois.  
Age must be making me nostalgic so I seriously better move on.......

Sara was once again off work so she and Harley headed out to run in the snow.  There is something about a dog and snow.  Animals were everywhere...most up to their undercarriage in white powder.  Fun times over and all that came in was a mess.  I have wet footprints, leaves, and mud everywhere.  Most of that is from my husband who has no idea you should remove your shoes at the door.
I am actually hoping this is the end and when we spring forward this weekend, we spring forward into the kind of days where you can open your windows and let the musty winter out.
I am ready for some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment