Saturday, November 14, 2015

I Am The One......

Yes, I am the one.  I am the one who thinks everything should have a season.  
I am truly angry when Christmas decor shows up at Hobby Lobby right after July 4th.  I think summer should last until after Labor Day.
BUT....
 I am also the one who wants to look at Christmas in my house from Halloween on!
I have been on a person self evaluation mission to decide why I want two months of the happiest time of the year...and that is it!  It is the happiest time of the year!
 This year it has taken a little longer to truly feel in the "mood" simply because the weather has been way too warm.  Today however it turned a bit cooler thereby justifying my need for twinkling lights and merriment!
 I also know that I do not work at the rapid pace I used to anymore.  I cannot get the house done in a weekend....or even two.  Thank heavens for retirement.  I can unpack a box or two a day and feel like I have accomplished something significant!
It makes me "merry".  It makes me appreciate the good humor of the man at the Salvation Army bucket in front of Kroger who is ringing his bell for the next 40 days or so.
I have immersed myself in the sappy Christmas shows on the Hallmark Channel all weekend and wondered why they draw me in.  I think it is because their Christmases seem to last forever.  I want to be like them.  I want things done and I want to curl up with hot chocolate in front of the tree and read without worrying about searching Amazon for another gift.  
I want to savor!!!!
So I am.  My goal is to finish before the arrival of grand baby #3 and then I can relax and enjoy that precious bundle.
What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment