Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Still A Family Of Four........

It is Thanksgiving Eve and we are still waiting.  I waited in California for 12 days for Brooklynn's arrival, all the time emailing lesson plans to a not so good substitute and I survived.  Somehow this baby is making me anxious.  I want him/her to arrive, but surely not as badly as the parents do!
 While Mandy and Tim made a trip to the doctor today...hoping that she would be sent to the hospital, I spent the day with the girls.  Yes, they are very eager to welcome a baby.  To pass the time we cooked (for Thanksgiving) only burning two of the pies and making a huge mess in the kitchen!!!
 But, we were not just making pies, we were making memories.
I have two little homemakers.  They love to cook and sew and do everything I love to do so entertaining them is not so difficult.
We moved from the mess in the kitchen to enjoy some fun in front of the tree.  A little Christmas music, and a little laughter.  
 Whatever Brooklynn finds comical, Finley does too.  
 On to another part of the house and a little tent building.  Finley's favorite game...let's play family.
 Give me your best mad face......
These precious girls were only here three hours and it took me three more hours to repair the damage that was done!  And I do not care.  There is such a short time to childhood and such a short time to Christmas.  
The holidays are so hectic and while everyone else races to fill their calendars with holiday parties, lunch dates, and runs to the mall I just want to enjoy the moment.  I want time.  
I graciously passed off Thanksgiving to my sister in law the day before the actual event (out of fear we would be making a hospital run) and I am relieved.  I want to sleep late, drink coffee, mess up someone else's house this year and come home with no leftovers to store.   
I don't want to shop on Black Friday, and I am glad what decorating I am doing is done.  It is exactly a month until Christmas day and if I don't accomplish anything else this season, I will enjoy my babies....the two that are here and the one that I hope gets here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment