Friday, June 9, 2017

A Different Fruitful Day!....

 Well, what happens when you go to the Ham Orchards and buy all of that fruit?
You have to do something with it.
I had to revert to my Home Ec teacher roots and dig out the cookbooks.
Then I had to make a run to Kroger for new and improved jelly jars because I am not sure that those shelved in my garage would have been safe for any food product.
 Ten jars of blackberry jelly later and more sticky mess in the kitchen than you can even imagine, I am off to deal with the peaches.  
Think I will pass on more jelly and go to a pie or cobbler.  
Just as a side note, I accomplished all of this while corralling four grandchildren.
Yes, I earned the right to be exhausted after this.
I am patting myself on the back and putting my cookbook back on the shelf.  
Back into retirement I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment