Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Have a Disease.....

Yes, I admit it. I have a disease. I call it a coupon fetish. I blame it on advertising, junk mail, newspapers and other forms of paper that arrive at my house. I simply cannot resist a coupon. Even if I do not shop at a particular store, I go there anyway if they send me a coupon. If a store is going to give me 20% off of something, I need to shop. I may not want anything but I still go. I WILL find something there to purchase and then I will figure out what to do with it.

I have been to Buy Buy Baby twice in a week because I had a coupon. I not only had the one they sent me...I went and got my neighbors. Yes, she has four small children but I am sure I needed it worse than she did!! Heaven forbid I get a really rare 30% off coupon from Kohls. They are in the black for the year after I leave! I bought a new computer because Dell sent me a coupon for $100 off. How can you pass that up? Yes, our computer was old and yes, I told my husband (which I don't always do) but I would not have bought it if there was not a coupon to use.

I feel like I should stand up like they do at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and say " My name is Patti and I have a problem. I am a couponaholic." There are groups for people who suffer. Mentors who will help you find a path to healing. I think there is a place for overeaters so why not for poor souls like me? I think I need to research and find others who buy only with a coupon in hand...actually, who buy needlessly when they are holding a paper that says 15% off. I wonder if Oprah can help?

No comments:

Post a Comment