Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Are so Close....

Just six more weeks. Today it seems like an eternity, but it is almost here! Mandy and Tim came in this weekend. It is their last trip home before the arrival of their "Little Buddy". There is a lot that has been accomplished in the two days since they arrived and still more to do in the next ten days before they leave but, more on that later! Yes, this is my grandbaby. I could not stop watching him/her move around in Mandy's belly. It has been 24 years since I carried a baby but I remember the miracle each time of that being growing and developing inside. Even after four babies it was such a joy to have that little human with me each day. The wonder of what they will be like, what color hair will they have, is the chin like mom or dad...just so many things to anticipate.My birthday present from the kids was a book...the best book ever. As I looked through it so many of those childrens verses and rhymes came back to mind. Those great things that we read our babies and then forgot all about because we were busy dealing with the other things we faced as kids grew. I laughed as I read the following rhyme...
The Peanut Song
Oh, a peanut sat on a railroad track,
His heart was all a flutter.
Along came the five-fifteen,
Uh-oh peanut butter!
How many times I read that! I am not sure I thought it was as funny to me then as it is now. I cannot wait to read it to my grandchild!
I got another awesome gift but I have to wait until it is hanging to post a picture...it is the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment