Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thinking Back....

With summer winding down and another school year on the horizon, I have been thinking back on how quickly the summer has passed and how much fun it has been. After spending last summer recovering from knee replacement surgery, it was a treat to be able to just plan fun things for my free time. The best part...NEW YORK!!!! Some very good friends rented an apartment for the month of July in the big city and I was so blessed to be on their guest list for four days. What a great time!!! I do not know what I liked the most....but a carriage ride through Central Park was something I never imagined I would be able to do.I was able to get up close and personal with Rascal Flatts, one of my favorite groups, at the Today Show summer concert series. I loved it. Sorry, Mickey and Sandra. I hate that I had to leave you all in the coffee shop!!! ,Wow, I could not believe I was standing there. Meredith Viera was so real! It was a treat to shake her hand and see her after all the years of watching her on TV.


I became obsessed with fire escapes. The architecture and the variety of fire escapes all through the city just amazed me....like about 60 photos worth of amazed me. The apartment buildings were unique and colorful and had such character. It was more than I ever imagined. I could not help but picture everyday life in one of those buildings. Another thing I was continually aware of was the lack of insects...like NO flys anywhere. All outdoor restaurants and food setting out and NO bugs....did they all migrate to Texas????? I have plenty right here in my kitchen I can ship to the city...can I sell them????


I guess I took pictures of anything and everything that said New York on it. Maybe I will never get back, who knows, but I have so many great pictures and memories that I can live vicariously through them if I need to. Favorite things....oh my...I know church on Sunday morning at St. Patricks Cathedral was an experience I will not soon forget, the Statue of Liberty at night, Ground Zero, a musical, wonderful food....just too many to even register here.


I just know that this was the greatest gift my husband could have bestowed on me. Just "me" time with great friends, in a place I have dreamed of going, with picture perfect weather, and no plan in mind. Just days of glorious adventure. I was in heaven!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment