Monday, February 22, 2010

2010 The Year of the Tiger....

Why is it always about food? Well, maybe not always but it seems like way too often the topic of my posts is food related. Could it be that it is because that is what I do for a living? Cook and eat...that is my story!
It is Chinese New Year. Ten days of celebration that includes food, festivities, gifts, and fun. I have learned so much from teaching in such a cuturally diverse classroom...mostly about what else but FOOD!
Today several of my students volunteered to teach us about fried rice...their way. And trust that there are many different versions of one dish and I have been exposed to them all. So rather than have them tell me I am doing it wrong, I just let them take over. And so they did. And when the dish was completed, we ate...with what else but chopsticks!!
The kids loved it. It took awhile to master the task but they got it! And when they got it balanced just right all I heard was "Mrs. Shubzda, hurry!!!!! Take a picture before it falls off!!!"
They did it! What a fun way to earn a living!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment