Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Fat Tuesday....

So it is Fat Tuesday....Mardi Gras biggest day. In honor of this special day we made a traditional KING CAKE in class. We also studied the history and traditions of the Mardi Gras season. It is cultural, right? Now that all of our lessons have to have a distinct objective, I have found many reasons to prepare food. There is always a teachable objective in things like Chinese New Year and Valentines Day. It has been a week full of pastries and confections!!! Love it!!

Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent. Last year I decided to give up my favorite food...M&M's. I am addicted so that seemed reasonable. However, I merely replaced them with Reece's pieces and other chocolate..so not to much of a sacrifice. So what to do? Give up sugar totally? No, that won't work. So, this year I am going for no Diet Cokes. I won't replace it because I don't like anything else. Today I am on serious coke overload. Maybe if I make myself drink too many I won't like them anymore...just a thought. It won't be a caffeine withdrawl because I drink caffeine free. It won't be pretty the first week but I can do it, right??? Maybe check with my students in a week and see how nice I am!!! Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment