Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Did It!......

Yes, 8 days Coke free!!! I cannot believe it. Yes, it was Diet Coke but it could not have been good for me or any part of my system. So that is it, only 32 more days to go! However, it has not been easy. It is only when you don't have it that you begin to notice that it is everywhere!
There is a coke machine next to my work station in the teacher lounge. I counted today....14 people bought cokes while I sat there. Surely a good use of my time! It is either that or answer the pertinent question that they always ask me...."Is there someone in the bathroom, or is the door just closed?" So here I am...the teacher bathroom monitor and the surveyor of the Coke machine!
And then there is Sara's just finished jigsaw puzzle. Yes, it really is a Coke puzzle. "Mom, I finished this puzzle". Well, great just throw another picture of Coke in my face!

And...the trunk of my car...yes, two six packs of Diet Coke hidden away under the bags from Target that I never took out. Are you kidding? It is a conspiracy. Everywhere I look are reminders of my Lenten sacrifice! AUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!
So, what to do? A placebo. Yes, just empty a Coke bottle and fill it with water. Maybe if I pretend I could at least make my mind believe that it works. Or I can just be glad that I have made it a week and I am still sane!








No comments:

Post a Comment