Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day II....Kids at Play....

It is another great day in the metroplex!! Last night each school district cancelled school for the day so we all went to bed knowing we could sleep in and enjoy the day...and we did. Ozzie and I wanted to be the first ones out before the many neighborhood kids had breakfast and headed out covered in snow gear to enjoy a historic recorded setting snowfall...12 inches to be exact. 2010 will go down in the record books and we will all remember it as an incredible weekend.
This young man had beat me out and already had his snow man going. He had probably been up since 5 begging to go out! Who can resist??? I headed out in my pajamas to capture the beauty before there we hundreds of little footprints in the snow! It was beautiful...and I was not the only one out in my nightware. As I was clicking away, four other parents dressed in p.j.'s must have had the same idea. So there we all were...flip flops, pajamas, cameras and coffee cups having as much fun as kids in the early morning snow.


It was incredible, magazine perfect! Maybe we will all compare shots later. I am sure Steve will win because he was sporting a camera lense we would all die for!!!!

Yes, we even drug Jimmy out to enjoy the snow for a moment. Poor thing had to work....so sorry. Guess we will have to call and tell you how much fun we are all having!!




So while I am sitting her typing, thinking this is two days in a row of "snow news", I remember that the reason I even bother to blog at all is to record the things that I want to reflect back on 20 years from now. Those wonderful memories and fun days and special things that make life so great.









No comments:

Post a Comment