Sunday, June 13, 2010

Company Is Coming....

This was the weekend...the one before our Annual Shubzda Lake Bash....2010 style! In keeping with our string of broken everything at the lake...like our boat that almost sunk and cost $1000 to repair and then came back and broke again...(yes, it is true), our electric smoker also gave out last weekend. So, off to the store we went...with the money that grows on trees in our backyard, and we bought a new smoker. Jimmy, of course choose the DELUXE model with the see through window and built in temperature probe. Only the best for my husband! Then we put the old one in the back of the truck so we could store it in our barely room for one car two car garage so maybe he could fix it someday. We all know how soon that might happen!

While Jimmy was admiring his new toy I put on my hazmat suit and proceeded to attack the dirt and spider webs that had collected all over the lake house since last summer. Yes, we go there all the time but I don't clean....well, I surface clean but I sure don't get in the corners and go after all the unmentionables that require protective gear. Yes, I cleaned and polished and scrubbed and shined...everything! I did all of this so that 25 people could invade our house next weekend for our family reunion. We all know that 10 minutes after the door opens no one will know that anything was ever cleaned with such care. They will drop sleeping bags, towels, overnight bags, ice chests, food, and who knows what else and we will climb over it for two days. We will laugh and play enjoy each others company....and no one will say."Oh Aunt Patti, thanks for cleaning your house before we came because I am glad I could sleep on the floor and no spiders crawled all over me". All they will say is "Wow, thanks for having all of us...we can't wait until next year"...and that is what matters.

And the best part of the whole weekend will be having our newest family member enjoying the festivities from her new pink tree swing!!! Thanks for hanging it Gramps...
Can't wait until next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment