Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mattio.....

Today is Matt and Kim's 8th Anniversary. I have relived the day all day long..because. Because it was such a happy day. For Matt it had to rank up there with one of the best days of his life..if not the best. I saw the excitement in his face when he woke up on his wedding day. It was perfect. The day was all he and Kim wished it would be. Friends from all over came to celebrate with him on this most special day. The celebration went on in to the wee hours of the morning. Matt was determined to spend as much time as he could with everyone who had traveled so far. For most of those friends it would be the last night they spent with him. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Thankfully none of us do. It would so dampen that one moment of celebration. Today I am not sad. I know that for this day Matt's life was everything he wanted it to be. His future held such promise. A new home, a beautiful new wife, and a job he had dreamed about since he was old enough to create dreams. I wish that we were all together celebrating this special day. I wish there were the kids here that he wanted so badly. I wish that we could laugh about his receding hairline and the problems of parenthood. But...we can't. I do love that for a moment there was so much for him to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Patti,

    I forgot today was the day. I so miss my Godson and first nephew. Life must go on and as you said, we have everything to be grateful for each day we wake up. I love you Matt,
    Aunt Pam !!

    ReplyDelete