Saturday, July 10, 2010

Artwork....

This precious picture was just forwarded to me by a great friend. Mandy took some pictures while Brooklynn and her daddy were playing in the fountain pool she had gotten for Easter. She sent one on to Les who performed a little additional magic on it. It was great to begin with...now it is priceless.

Les is our friend who in the master of all trades. He is a superb pilot, and amazing writer, a mountain climber, and what I consider a professional photographer. Les does not just try something...he masters it. He is the most driven person I have ever met. Mediocre is not in his vocabulary.

I have had a special place for Les in my heart for quite some time. When Matt died and we were in Lemoore for the Memorial Service he was the one who walked with me. Such a simple gesture but so meaningful. Everyone drove to the gathering after the service. I needed to walk...to think. Les walked too. No one else....just Les. Add that to the list of things he is the master of. He understands people like no one else I have ever met.

So this picture is special. Yes, because it is a captured moment in Brooklynn's life but because the finishing touches were added by a very special friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment