Friday, July 2, 2010

A New Intimacy.....

Yes, I actually posted these awful pictures on my blog. Why, because this is where we are after almost 40 years of marriage. We have reached new heights in our relationship. I guess that happens to everyone after this long. It is a new road to travel. It is a new form of communication. We have really arrived. This is really the last thing we do before we turn out the lights...and it is the first thing we do when we wake each morning. No it is not some dark, dirty, cannot share over the airwaves secret...it is "Words with Friends". I made the mistake of getting Jimmy an iTouch. I thought it would be fun to set him up with "Words with Friends". After all it increases brain cells in the elderly. You know, the thinking thing. I, however, have created a monster. You see, not only can you play this scrabble like game back and forth but you can chat too. So, if I do not respond in time I either get a phone call or a message that says..."well, if you are getting a pedicure then surely you can respond to the last word I played." Seriously....!!!!
So, here I sit needing to make potato salad to take to the lake but I am dealing with a distraught husband who left his iTouch at the office and now he is unable to play until Tuesday when he gets back to work. Ahhhhh...maybe I can sleep in tomorrow morning. In the meatime to keep him from needing a twelve step program for dealing with withdrawl I am lending him my iPhone. I have 11 friends who need responses to their games....maybe he will leave me alone for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment