Thursday, July 8, 2010

Unplanned .....

Yes, this is unplanned...this post and this mess. I really wanted to title this post "OH CRAP" but decided to go with something simple...but oh crap is exactly how I feel. I came home from taking Sara to work today to find my garage floor covered in water. Not a good sign! Hum? Maybe the freezer? Yes, the freezer...and all of it's contents...thawed out.
I had plans for today. I am trying to carefully fit many projects into my remaining days of summer..this was not part of the plan. So, I waded through much food..trash or cook? Most of it was trash but then there were the pounds and pounds of chicken breasts not totally thawed and recently purchased that I decided I really ought to boil and save for casseroles ...or something.
So today I am cooking, and cooking, and cooking. Lots of chicken and a crockpot full of beef I also just bought.
Thank heavens for my food saver and the additional freezer sacks I just purchased....looks like I will have plenty chopped chicken...recipes anyone????



No comments:

Post a Comment