Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll....

It has taken me a little longer than normal to think fall. The summer was hot and lasted so long. Football got off to a terrible start for all of the teams I follow....and my part time job has been more full time than my full time job used to be.

But...I think we have turned the corner. Fall is definitely here. It is October 1 and in the 70's. It feels like fall and is starting to look that way too. Leaves are changing and the grass does not need mowing every five days anymore. Jimmy is a big fan of that since he is tending to multiple yards this year!

Yes, it is October, which also means the State Fair is in full swing. In case you are wondering, the new Fair fare is ......fried beer. It is joined by the fried margarita (one please), fried lemonade, and fried Texas Caviar (that is black eyed peas for all you northerners..not fish eggs). Makes me wonder if these people lay awake at night for months trying to develop these culinary masterpieces. I also wonder if they taste test it all and what their arteries are saying...."please STOP!" I still opt for a good old funnel cake with plenty of powdered sugar. True bliss!

So..October is upon us, can Thanksgiving and Christmas be far behind? The stores don't think so. When back to school moves out Santa moves in. I prefer to take the seasons one at a time, and right now I am just glad to be thinking fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment