Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let There Be Light........

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas lights. I am not in competition with my neighbors who decorate like the Griswalds. I just want a few cheery lights to make us look like we have the Christmas spirit. This year has been a nightmare! I have strung, restrung, replaced fuses over and over and over again. I get about ten minutes of light before they blow and I have to begin again.
Today I bought the ultimate "hang your lights without nails" contraption guaranteed to keep the bulbs up without making holes in house. I hung the garland, wrapped the lights, and admired....for a minute...and then it all fell down. Okay, my persistence has come to an end. What is up is up. I will toil no more to insure the twinkle of mini lights.
I will admire the neighbors and enjoy what glows at our house now. I am done and relieved that I have let go of the need to shine any brighter that we already do!

No comments:

Post a Comment