Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Forward....

Yes, it is upon us again...another new year. This year I am ready for the calendar to roll over to 2011. There have been some wonderful moments during the course of 2010. There is never a year where bright spots cannot be found, but I am ready for a clean slate. I am ready to wake up on January 1st and begin fresh. It is a gift that we are given. It is an opportunity once every 365 days to begin again, to erase and start over.
I looked over last years bucket list for 2010...cook more, sew a lot, and finish a scrapbook. Negative on all three. Time got away from me. This year was by no means a loss. I think I just directed my energy in other endeavors...all good but not those on my list.
So where do I go this next year...same resolutions? No, keep the old but add some much needed new....
Patience
Peace
Continued success with my most beloved students
More lake time
New York in the winter
Photography course
Seems simple enough. If I will myself to accomplish this, it can be done. I am looking forward to all of it. The older you get the more you know you have to plan. So, on January 22nd, I am headed to Collin County Community College to learn the basics of photography. It is a start and I have 12 months to complete the rest of the list..
As the little engine said..
"I THINK I CAN
I THINK I CAN!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So glad you are taking the photography course!!! I can't wait to see your work. This will be such a gift to yourself to have this time and to learn all that you can about it! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete