Saturday, December 4, 2010

Renewed......

Sometimes you just need a break. I love the holidays but there are days that the shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking, and holiday cheer just gets to be too much. So for 24 hours of therapeutic recreation...you escape to the lake. It is peaceful and quiet and comfortable. It gives you a chance to regroup and clear your head. For anyone that has not been to the Tool or Gun Barrel City, Texas area let me tell you that sitting on the porch and enjoying the view is really where you want to be. Shopping is not delightful. Malls are nowhere in sight and the local Walmart is where you want to go ONLY in case of emergency!
So off I went for that 24 hour recovery period. It worked. I am home with the Christmas tunes blaring, the floor covered in paper and bows and I am happy to be here. Christmas cheer lives again in my head and heart...thanks to a brief respite at good old Cedar Creek Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment