Monday, December 13, 2010

You've Got Mail.....

It is no secret how much I love Christmas. There is not a part I do not enjoy...decorating, cooking, planning, shopping, wrapping, and so on. But..one of my favorite parts is the MAIL! I am like a little kid waiting for a gift each day...checking to see if he has come....the mailman that is.
I am not a big fan of standing in line at the post office to buy stamps. There are usually about 15 people in front of me and two postal windows open. I probably complain to the person in front of me about the time it takes to get all of this done. I struggle with getting the fam together for that Christmas card pic. Everyone is living somewhere else and my times do not gel with their times. Addressing the cards is time consuming...it is the busiest time of the year and there are other things on my agenda. It is sometimes painful! But then the mail comes and I receive greetings from the friends that we might only have contact with during this time of the year...and I smile. Maybe it is not too much trouble after all. Maybe it is one of the most pleasurable parts of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment