Saturday, January 1, 2011

Beginning Today.....

Happy New Year 2011!
It is a beautiful winter day. Lots of sunshine, cool temperatures, and a wonderful start to the new year.
Yes, my tree is still up! This is the first time in known memory that Christmas still lingers in my house. I am packing it up, bit by bit, but it is still here. And the best part is...I don't care! I started out this year the way I wanted. I am not stressed. There is not a feeling of panic because deconstructing the tree still looms on the horizon. The holiday was good but the new year will be great. My mind is fixed on what matters and I know that there is no need to rush.
Today I am going to watch football, look at plans for a new semester at school, drink tea and think about my new mindset for 2011. What a great day!
Though I posted this last year I love these thoughts. So here is a repeat for 2011...
"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "hellos" to get through the final "goodbye".
Bob Perks

No comments:

Post a Comment