Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year's Toast.....

It was all legal! It was not alcoholic beverages inside the classroom. It was organic sparkling Apple Cider!And it surely was not an original idea. It was stolen straight from the script of "Freedom Writers"...one of my favorite movies. It is that go to movie I watch when I need motivation and I need to know that each day I spend in the classroom does make a difference.
Today we toasted the start of a new semester and making it through the first semester of high school. The transition from middle school is tough. The transition from Food and Nutrition teacher to AVID teacher is tough (I am old!)...but we made it together!
I love these kids. They are my children. I need to nurture and seeing success is as good as seeing it in the kids I gave birth to. We are a family of sorts.
I am excited and blessed. It is a new year and the beginning has been nothing but great. A little bit of apple cider can do a world of good!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a creative teacher! i bet your students just love you so much...no doubt i'm sure you are their favorite teacher!

    ReplyDelete