Friday, January 7, 2011

Cleansing, Part 2......

Yes, it is garbage. And, NO it has not been two weeks since the trash men have come.....just three days. It is New Years Resolution Part 2...cleansing. It is a multi step recovery program! Part 1 was cleansing myself emotionally and mentally....getting rid of all of the garbage that was loading down my brain. Part 2 is cleansing really. Like cleaning and throwing away all of the clutter that has been collecting for years. I don't need it. I have only just begun..trash bags of useless stuff saved for no reason at all. I am purging. The Salvation Army truck came early and took a driveway full of stuff. I will never miss any of it. I am a pack rat (a very neat pack rat) but one just the same. I can put my hands on my son's SAT scores from 1996 in record time. He should be grateful...but it is time to unload. I feel better and I have only started. What a relief! Next up...giving my children all of that special stuff I have saved since they were born. I have every report card, every hand drawn note, every piece of memorabilia from the date of their birth. I am done. It is coming out of the attic, out of the closets and finding a new home...with them. I am just saving them time. They will probably just throw it all away. They just won't have to wait until I die to do it. Make some room children I am sending boxes your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment