Thursday, January 20, 2011

For Women Only.......

Yes, this is a box (a plastic tub to be exact) of tools. This has become one of my favorite possessions. I actually got this gift at our Chinese gift exchange at Christmas. Most women would pray that someone would steal this from them so they could get that coveted furry blanket or a set of knives...but this was great and I was able to hang on to it for the duration of the game. So....these are my tools. I packed them in this tub and HID them. Go find your own tools!!!! That is what I have been doing for 40 years and I can never locate what I need. I am an independent person. I prefer to take care of things myself. That stems from the fact that for the first 18 years of our marriage I was at home minding the children and the house while Jimmy was the breadwinner. If I needed to fix something, I did it myself. I just never knew where to find anything to work with. Was it in the garage, a drawer, the back of the truck, at the lake, or in the storage building? By the time I found what I needed my enthusiasm for repair was gone!
Now I can hang a picture or tighten the door on the cabinet in an instant...I have a tool box. Just another reason to be happy about 2011! What a great year it is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment