Saturday, January 29, 2011

Continuing Education.....


I am back in the classroom again! I am not guiding instruction. I am in a desk LEARNING! It was part of my New Year's resolution....learn to use my camera (correctly). I took the step, enrolled, and paid the fees. When it costs money you know you will go.
Every Saturday morning I am off to master my camera. You have to be thick skinned to allow your not so great photo to be critiqued by a pro and a bunch of amateurs. Now I understand how my students feel. When your contributions are just skimmed over you know you have not created a masterpiece!
Personally I liked my photo of a group of colored barrels but it did not make a good impression on the pony tailed instructor. OK, who are we trying to please here????
Time out for a little independent practice...that is one of the steps of instruction as noted in every teachers manual. Review, state objectives, present new material, guided practice, independent practice, review. This man knows the process!
I wonder if this row of brick columns will move the eye left to right???? Is there enough contrast? Is it properly balanced? Is it the right shutter speed?
Thank heavens for digital cameras...shoot and erase, shoot and erase!!!
Yes, all of this work so that maybe one day I can captured the perfect image of this adorable face!
New Year's resolution #1 started!
New Year's resolution #2....you are officially on the back burner!

No comments:

Post a Comment