Sunday, February 27, 2011

The View From Here....

It is 11:45 AM on Sunday morning and I am still in bed! Armed with a cup of tea and a bottle of FUZE I have been in this spot for quite some time (since I woke up to be exact)! I declared it a holiday. I am catching up. It is not a snow day, not even raining outside, but everyone in the family is gone this morning (including the dogs) and I am not moving.
I have been on a treadmill lately, of sorts. I have been going non stop and have not sat down to catch my breathe. So...today is the day!!! I am reading every blog that I have not read for weeks.
I am reading the camera guide and the notes from my class that I have not read yet. It is now time to go back and absorb all of the info that is wrtitten in the columns and along the borders of my notepad. I will learn all of this...at my own pace!
I am reading the Sunday paper. I am going to cut out coupons. I am going to make a list...but I am not going to shop until tomorrow because today is my day off!
I am going to read a cookbook and catch up on the 12 or so magazines that have piled up since January (or before). I might play "Words with Friends" if my cell phone is close by but I am not getting up to go find it.
And...I am going to finish this book. I am actually reading (and enjoying) something that is a classic and not just mindless matter.
Today is the day. I owe it to myself. It is something I should do more often. I tend to live in a mindset that if I am not productive then it is time wasted but not today. I think it is more productive to give ourselves the gift of solitude and recharging every now and then. It makes for a better attitude. Today I am not getting out of bed.....I am relaxing!






No comments:

Post a Comment