Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's A Fact Folks.....

And this would be why I carry a camera everywhere I go!
It is also the mindset I have that anything at all can be a blog post...ANYTHING! As I pulled out of Kroger this afternoon I noticed a horse tied to a crepe myrtle. I really thought it was an illusion or maybe a type of blow up decoration...so, I stopped. It was real! He/she was eating the branches off of the tree. In a mere second I had my camera out...none too soon as the owner of the animal came around the corner radiator hose in hand and jumped bare back onto his horse. No boots, no ten gallon hat, not even a great belt buckle. Just a muscle shirt and tennis shoes and he was off.
So, I really have lived here for over 33 years. I was here when you actually had to drive 10 miles into town to buy your groceries. Civilization has moved out our way. All the basic necessities and beyond are right here within reach. We really have one of the areas newest and most modern malls. Within a 5 mile radius is everything you could possibly want, including a movie theater with multiple screens.
It is refreshing to know that if your car breaks down it is still okay to jump on the back of the horse you have in your backyard and head on up to Auto Zone. You never know when you might need to replace your radiator hose!

1 comment:

  1. this is HILARIOUS!! i was laughing out loud reading and seeing that picture. only in Texas. :) love it.

    ReplyDelete