Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Reality.....

It is over...that glorious week sandwiched in to the school year called "SPRING BREAK". It just happens to fall during the best time of the year...spring! In my 24 years with the school district I cannot recall a bad vacation week. Maybe the weather was not what we had planned or I was busier than I wanted to be but it has always been a "break".
This year was no different...actually it was better than most. Tomorrow I go back to work but the events that have been sandwiched into this short period of time are amazing. We began by watching Tim, Mandy, and Brooklynn move into their new home (another post), did some major clean up on the Shubzda house (really had been suffering for awhile), dined at Drew's house (great meal), headed off for a little surgery, recuperated, and ended the week at the lake!
The weather was better than perfect! It was that "wow, God's gift to the world has to be the beginning of spring" type of day. We sat, played with the dogs, read a few books and just enjoyed the best of what there is...time.
I really think one of our greatest gifts to ourselves has been our little house at the lake. We are different there...less hurried, more connected, and always reflective. This was a crazy emotional time for me for some reason. So many changes...Tim is home for good..fourteen years of a long distance relationship and he and his family are here...my whole family is here finally. I am looking at the end of the school year...so little time left and so much to accomplish with these kids that are so important to me. Just general thoughts on on all of the gifts that have been handed to me in the way of my health, my friends, my family, and my career.....blessings that no amount of money can buy.
And the week ended with the brightest moon in decades...just confirmation that all is well with the world.
I am grateful! What a fantastic week!




No comments:

Post a Comment