Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Little Vacation.....

No, this is not the dining room at the Hyatt Regency, or room service at the Ritz....and to be perfectly honest with you it is not even good hospital food, but that is what it is.
Spring break and I thought I would use some of the time off to have a non cancerous mole removed and have another minor procedure done. Given the chance to stay overnight, I jumped on it! Who would not take advantage of someone waiting on you for 24 hours??
Really bad idea. The hospital staff does not wait on you. They consider you a total nuisance!
They made me feel really guilty when I buzzed the nurse and asked for help going to the bathroom.
Nurses question...."Are you dizzy?"
Patient (me)..."no."
Nurse...."Then let me show you how to unplug your IV, take off your circulation socks, and your oxygen mask and you can just go by yourself."
Patient (me)...."well sure, that will be fine :("


This was not a cheap visit. The hospital charges big bucks for that really great room....with a view of the Care Flight landing pad...which they used several time during my stay. Noise...YES...terrible.
Visitors...YES...all night long but not to help you go to the bathroom, just too see if you were still wearing your oxygen. Nothing you can sneak by these women! They have tabs on everything unnecessary.

Good Bye Hospital!

I am home. My husband makes a much better nurse. It is breakfast in bed for me and it taste much better than what you serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment