Monday, August 22, 2011

YIKES!!!!.....

I feel like I am repeatedly reporting on the beginning of school, but today is the first day back for students. I was thinking in terms of celebrating this first day by staying in my pajamas and having a cup of tea while I watched "Good Morning America". Well things do not always go as planned.
Instead of lounging on the sofa, I am buried under packing boxes and misplaced furniture. I am getting new carpet...compliments of GISD. Well in an indirect way, of course.
I saved my sick days...lots of them. Having four kids I was always afraid of an epidemic spreading through the family causing me to miss weeks of work while they all recovered at home. I was blessed...healthy kids!!! I mean kids that got perfect attendance awards for not missing a day of school during their elementary years.

So all of those saved sick days payed off...in $$$$. Repayment for a good portion of what I did not use. So I am cleaning up and freshening the house. I am going to be germ and dust free...(oh goodness do you realize how much dust is under the bed when they move it???). There will be plenty of days to sit...on brand new carpet! NICE!


No comments:

Post a Comment