Friday, October 7, 2011

Brooklynn's Birthday....


Where are you going my little one, little one?
Where are you going my baby, my own?
Turn around and your tiny, turn around and your grown,
Turn around and your a young man with babes of your own.

It is joyful watching our grandchild grow...and being so blessed as to have them do this right in front of our eyes. I wonder if my grandparents realized how much they were missing having their children and grandkids so far away? We visited but not nearly enough. They missed out but I missed out too. I wish it had been different.

It is also a joy to watch your child be a parent. I am so proud of Tim and Mandy. They have raised a beautiful, loving little girl. It did not just happen. It takes time and effort to be a good parent. As a teacher I know how much those early years affect who and what a child will become. Brooklynn is blessed. She is surrounded by love. She is learning to be kind and caring. She plays, she laughs...... she is secure.

Maybe when you get to this point in life you wish you could start over. You wish you had done less laundry and played more legos. But parents have a job to do and I have watched Tim and Mandy balance all aspects of their job in a way that I admire.

Great job son and daughter in law. My grandaughter won when she was given you as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment