Saturday, October 1, 2011

It Has Arrived...

It is October 1st. I have been patiently waiting for a day that felt "fallish". I was beginning to think I would have to wait until November but today is the day. I woke up to a house that was actually cool....without the aid of a constantly running air conditioner. I opened the doors and windows and had an immediate revolution in attitude!!!
This is my favorite time of the year (well, maybe tied with spring) and I look forward to all of the things that fall brings. I just hate to have to wait so long to get started. I love fall decorations. There is nothing more fun than scouring the Pottery Barn catologs and wishing for mercury jars and twigs that make spectacular displays. I then defer to the plastic ccontainer of leaves and pumpkins that have been in my attic for years. Someday I will toss it all and start from scratch but for now it is in with the old!

Fall also means recipes with pumpkin, colors that are my favorite, and sweatshirts. It is leaves changing on the trees and kids that can once again play outside. It is Holloween and the arrival of pending holidays.
Fall actually makes me want to cook. Turning on the oven today does not make me want to escape to the North Pole for relief. I just may drag out all of those recipes that are hiding in a cabinet and just surprise the heck out of my husband.
It also means football. It is hard to be enthusiastic about a sport that should only be played when it is cool. I am ready to settle in with some snacks and cheer on my favorite teams. I have made a decision...I will not post any disparaging remarks about Tony Romo this year. I intend to be resolute in this mission. I will watch all of those "special" plays of his and not be condemning. If he falls short on the one yard line without scoring or throws an interception at the worst possible moment, I will remember he is human. I cannot promise the same for Jerry Jones. I have to have some place to go with my verbiage.

So bring on FALL!!! We have waited long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment