Saturday, October 8, 2011

Not So Sunny San Diego.....

Happy Birthday to Sara and "thank you" to her for requesting a trip to one of my favorite places for her special day! You do not really have to twist my arm to get me to pack a suitcase and head to the west coast EVER!
Before we left Sara "googled" an agenda and we ran from sunup to sundown to complete the list. However, we did it without to much real sun. A bit of a disappointment since that is one of the best parts of visiting but we loved it just the same and really enjoyed watching her enjoy all the sights.
The flowers made me wish for a climate that did not burn everything I planted to a crisp.
The water...well, nothing makes me happy like water.....be it the beach or the lake and we did not miss a beach in the San Diego area.


Pacific Beach's own version of the boardwalk....hanging with the locals... well, we surely looked like the tourist with cameras and purses and lack of the proper beachwear.


Balboa Park was amazing. The color everywhere was incredible and everywhere we turned a wedding was taking place. It was a perfect day to be a bride!
A Saturday night dinner cruise was a real experience and once again...a wedding aboard ship. Makes me wish I could do it all again, this time on the California coast!
Point Loma was a sobering experience. The lines of white headstones was cause for reflection, making us realize how many military personal have lost their lives.

Another beach on our list of destinations and another chance to enjoy local culture.


The hotel ducks ate my entire bag of goldfish...and then stayed to feast on my toes when the goldfish were gone.


It was perfect..the perfect length of time and we did not miss a spot on the agenda but in the end
"There is no place like home".

No comments:

Post a Comment